Warwick Life #3: Buying In-Season at the Early Morning Market
If you live in Glenwood and you don’t visit the Markets of Warwick regularly you’re not living your best Durban life. Period. From a haircut, to fruit and veg, and great food, there’s nothing you can’t buy there and at the cheapest prices in town. Around a million people pass through the area each day, shouldn’t you too? Shed your suburban fear and become an urban explorer.
This is the third in a weekly series of Warwick profiles; chronicling the best spots, services, and stories in the area. Check back each week to learn about a different way to save time and money through a new relationship with Durban’s busy and vibrant transport hub.
The Early Morning Market in Warwick Junction is the cheapest place to buy quality fruit and veg in Durban. If you shop with the season you can get great deals on great food. Here is our guide to shopping in-season at the Early Morning Market.
- Bell Peppers
- Grapefruit (Availability fluctuates throughout the year)
- Pineapple (Scarce in December)
- Red Cabbage (Rare)
- Squashes (All types)
- White Cabbage
- Dhania/Coriander (Available most of the year, except for summer)
- Green Onion (Available into spring)
- Apricots (November-December)
- Litchi (November- January)
- Mangoes (Large) (December- February)
- Mangoes (Small) (November- February)
- Nectarines (November-December)
- Peaches (November-December)
- Plums (November-December)
- Prunes (November-December)
- Tangerines (November-December)